Estabrook Hall laundry room, 9:00 PM on a Monday
Some things that I noticed:
- Clothes that have finished washing or drying sit in the machines and are not picked up in a timely manner.
- There is an inner conflict in deciding to wait for clothes to be removed by their owner or to take them out yourself so you can use the machine.
- People don’t enjoy touching other people’s clothes, and the owners of the clothes get angry when it happens to them.
- People come in and out of the room frequently to check the time remaining on machines and if there are any machines available.
- Hofstra already has a laundry app but it is completely inaccurate (at least for Estabrook). It’s available on the Portal but not on the Hofstra Smartphone App.
- Many users are on their phones and wear headphones.
- No one remembers to empty the lint trap.